Saturday, June 6, 2009

Baby Ingredients!

There are a few people that know that Sterling and I are going through IVF (invitro fertilization). Sterling has been giving me a shot every evening before bed. The needle was just and insulin needle at first. It wasn't that bad. Sterling was out of town the first night I was supposed to start the shots so I did it myself. We have since moved up to a cocktail of medicine and uses a bigger needle. In about 10 days we will start progesterone shots, which from what I understand are pretty painful especially when you have to do them every day. I'm very much so feeling like a pin cushion. For the last week I have been going into the Dr. every other day to get a blood draw and and ultrasound. Luckily the ultrasounds are showing that I've got about 30 follicles (we call them baby ingredients) in each ovary and about 13 that are progressing the way the Dr's like. Next week (the 2nd week in June) is when we will be doing the egg retrieval. They will put me under and surgically remove the eggs that are mature enough and then they will do ICSI (insert Sterling's sperm into the egg (more baby ingredients)). We'll wait for about 3-5 days and then implant 2-3 of what they call blastocycsts. (we call these baby scraps) So, I've contemplated not telling anyone and decided to ask all of you for your prayers. We're ok with whatever the Lord has in mind for us and feel optimistic about this process. Thank you in advance for all of you thoughts and prayers and we'll let you know.

3 comments:

BRIAN~KANDICE~ALI~ALYSSA said...

oh that is so very exciting. FOr your sake I hope you get multiples so that you can feel lik eyou have a family that way you dont have to put yourself through this again. I hope it takes. Children are such a blessing and joy to have in your life. I will keep you in myprayers.
Good luck!

Logan and Heidi said...

Thats great that you guys are able to try invetro. I'll be thinking about you guys! I know this has been a hard couple of years for you guys with everything you have been through. I hope that it starts to get easier! Your in our prayers! :)

ScottNLili said...

Hooray for making babies!!! Konni I cant wait to hear the good news!! I have a good feeling about it, yes i sure do!! Sterling is gonna be the cutest little daddy ever! He was so good with Cali, and is so comfortable with David. I cant wait!!! Love you guys!