Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Ripped from my ovaries!

So on Friday the 12th we went in and had the "Egg retrieval" done. We injected a large dose of HCG which releases the egg from the wall of the follicle. Then we went into the office and I was put under after they got me all set up in stirrups. (a position i've never fallen asleep in I must say) At that point they go in with a vaginal ultrasound to navigate and go in through my abdomin with a need to suck out the eggs from the follicle. After the retrieval they let them rest for a bit and then do ICSI which is just injecting the sperm into the egg. I was told that it would feel like cramps. That was kind of an understatement. It felt like the worst bloated cramps I've ever had. I would dread going to the bathroom because it hurt. 3 days later I was feeling better. My sister-in-law even bought me flowers and gummy bears. It was really sweet.
The day after the retrieval we got a call from the Dr's office. We had retrieved 6 eggs and the nurse told us that 5 of them had fertilitized. Sterling was so excited. His words..."My boys are studs!" Lol. Sure baby! Whatever you say!
Today, Wednesday, I am scheduled to get pregnant. Yup! It is possible to pin point the day you get pregnant. It only takes about $15,000 and me turning into a human pin-cushion. I do have pictures of the day we did the retrieval but It's not really flattering. I was pretty pale after the procedure. My lips look blue.
Anywho, wish us Luck!!!!

5 comments:

ASHLEE GREEN said...

GOOD LUCK!!!! I'll pray extra hard for you tonight. And tomorrow. Well, for a while . . . how's that?

Annie Duckworth said...

I hope everything goes well for you. Keep us updated!

ScottNLili said...

I have a good feeling about this!? Start the countdown to pregnancy! Thats so weird :)

BRIAN~KANDICE~ALI~ALYSSA said...

I'm so excited for you. I sure hope not all of them plant, maybe 2.
I remeber that feeling too when I had a bunch of tests done to figure out why I kept misscarring. I think alot of it for me was emotional stress.
Good Luck!!!and try to stay relaxed for awhile. dont do too much.

Beam Family said...

OH, I hope it works for you guys!!! We'll be praying for you!