Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Suprise Arrival!

On December 8th 2009 at apprx 12:20 PM Micah Sterling Cluff and Mattea Hope Cluff decided they were sick of being with just Mom and wanted to meet their Dad. Yessiree bob, they were born at 27 weeks 5 days by C-section. Both babies were ventilated right away. We were expecting that and weren't suprised to hear or see it happen.

Micah was the first to appear. Truth be told he was almost pulling himself out once they cut through to him. I felt the water break and then heard the Dr's say, "Wow, he's grabbing the forceps with his hand." They pushed his little hand back in and then pulled the rest of him out.
(Micah shortly after birth in the NICU)

Our son was born weighing 2 lbs 10 oz. Tiny, yes we know. However, that's a pretty good size considering how early they were. Micah has a significant amount of hair considering how early he was. It looks pretty blonde actually.
(Micah a little later)


Our daughter was born one minute after her brother weighing in at a whopping 2 lbs 5 oz. Mattea is our little fighter. I could hear her crying (oh so softly) in the operating room which was kind of nice to hear. We heard from the NICU Dr later that night that Mattea was actually breathing room oxygen and wasn't using the ventilator. They mentioned they may be taking her off soon.
(Mattea a little later in the day. Her left arm is up by her head. I think it's cute)

Mattea also has a lot of hair considering her age. Her hair is darker than her brothers.
(Mattea shortly after birth in the NICU)


Side note: Fear not friends and family! We will still be having baby showers. I estimate they will be happening in January. More news to come.....

3 comments:

ASHLEE GREEN said...

Congratulations. I hope everything is going well and you'll be able to hold the little guys soon.

BRIAN~KANDICE~ALI~ALYSSA said...

oh my gosh I ca'nt believe they are here. I just wish they would have stayed in there a bit longer. I am very surprised with your daughter to be breathing so well. What hospital are they at? hose NICU nurses are amazing anywhere. I hope they both will fight and grow and put on the weight they should and that they wont get any infections. When they are that little they are prone for that. I sure hope for the best. I will prayfor you all.

ScottNLili said...

Thanks for giving me the great pleasure of meeting your two fighters today. They touched my heart. So perfect. How amazing is it that Heavenly Father lets us have these precious babies to watch over here on earth. You are very blessed to have these little miracles. Congrats to you both!! I know you're first...but I seriously can't wait to hold them!
And Sterling, thanks so much for putting up with my visits. I know you're trying to work!