Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Conference

My family has traditions during conference. Every Saturday after the Priesthood Session we all go out to dinner at a nice restaraunt. (my dad pays) The women usually get together before and meet at the restaraunt to wait for an open table. (It can get pretty busy) It used to be a pretty big bill because all the siblings, their spouses, and any of their kids 12 and older went. This year my mom and sister were in Texas with my brother Kim and his family because his baby is in the childrens hospital. My brother Kirk and his family didn't come down from Logan. My brother Kris came but didn't bring his family. So, It was just Dad, Sterling, Kris and I. We went to Archibalds. (EXCELLENT!) On Sunday morning we all go to my parents house and they feed everyone an enormous breakfast. My dad usually wakes up at about 5AM to get breakfast going. (Hashbrowns-2 kinds, eggs, cinnamon rolls, bacon, ham, sausage, juice) This year it was only, Dad, Sterling, and I for breakfast. Prep time was significantly less.
Dad and Sterling getting breakfast ready. (*Note my dads uncanny ability to match plaid bottoms with a striped shirt. My brother Kris has inherited this ability along with wearing socks with flip flops. It takes real talent to pull it off. At least both patterns were blue.)

Dad and Tucker cuddling in Mom's chair. Tucker had to "suffer" with dad while mom was out of town.

Pedro cuddling up to listen to the words of the Prophet.

We watched the Sunday Morning Session at my parents with my dad. The only downside to having such a wonderful breakfast right before conference is that you're so full you can't stay awake. Usually I'm the one that stays awake while Sterling falls asleep. This year Sterling was the only one to stay awake. He even leaned over and hit my foot because I was "snooring" too loud for him to hear. (I don't snore! I just breath loud!)

No comments: