Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Goodbye to a Lovely Lady!

My grandma Beam passed away two days after Christmas. She really was a wonderful lady. Anyone who knew her or came in contact with her loved her. She had a lot of friends and a lot of love. My grandma Beam was my Dad's Mom. She had two sons. My Dad and my Uncle Dale. They are both great men. She raised her boys to be caring and loving just like she was. I miss my grandma alot. The up side to her passing is that she wasn't a member of the church. We've got a lot of family that was up there waiting for her and I'm sure they will be the missionaries we are expecting them to be. We are excited to be able to do her temple work in a year. Even though she wasn't a member while she was alive we still have faith that we can still be with her again.

We had a memorial service for grandma. She was creamated so her body wasn't at the service but we were very blessed to meet all of our family and all of her friends on in Seattle when we went up for the service. This is a picture of my dad at the service. I think my grandma would be proud.

This is my Uncle Dale. He is such a sweet guy. My favorite thing about my Uncle is his hugs. He gives the biggest, most loving, most heartfelt hugs I've ever had in my life.

My Mom and Dad at the service in Seattle. My sister and I were very impressed with the dress my Mom picked out. It was very "Jackie O". She looked great in it.

My Dad and Uncle were so funny when it came to planning the service. They wanted nothing but the best for her service. I was asked to arrange the flowers for the service. This is the "before" picture of the flowers.

This is an "after" picture of the flowers.

Another "after" picture of the flowers.

My grandma was an excellent knitter/crocheter. She made these coats for my older brothers that have a horse and a skier knit into the back. We set up display tables of all the stuff grandma has made for us over the years. Kim put his coat on...(the best he could) and started singing "Fat guy in a little coat." from Tommy Boy. It was hilarious.

The morning after we got to Seattle my Dad was taking us out to breakfast. Kim was on the phone with Leslie, his wife. Leslie always tries to make sure Kim and her boys eat healthy so she told Kim not to get all sorts of bacon, sausage and stuff. Well, as you can see Kim isn't a very good listener. This is a picture of his plate right after he was told not to order such things. This sausage patty would put most quarter pounder hamburgers to shame.

Because my grandma wasn't LDS she had a lot of friends that drank coffee. My Dad and Uncle thought she might like it if we served coffee at the service. So.. they booked the service to be done at a different church down the street from where she lived. They pastor let us use the kitchen along with the coffee machines. At the end of the service before anyone went in to mingle and have refreshments my Uncle warned everyone that the "Mormons" were making that coffee and that we did the best we knew how to do. So... I took a picture of our "Mormon coffee".

No comments: