Saturday, November 14, 2009

Bed rest and surgery...

Well, on Thursday after work I went into my Dr because I had the tiniest bit of bleeding. Well, he checked me and said my cervix was "softening" and he thought I was dilated to a one. He sent me over to get a vaginal ultrasound to see what was going on. When I got in and they had the probe in for like 15 seconds the cute little tech printed and two pictures and said...."I'll be right back. I need to go talk to my Dr." Oh crap! What's going on?, I though to myself. Well, the Dr comes in and says, your dilated to a 3 and your cervix is paper thin. Oh and by the way, we think you have an infection and it might be in with the babies so we're going to shove a huge needle into your sons placenta guided by ultrasound to pull out some amniotic fluid. If there is an infection in with the babies we have to deliver now and if there isn't we are going to stitch your cervix closed. Then he tells me.... "Your not going home!" WHAT? I'm 24 weeks pregnant I'm thinking to myself. my babies weigh like a pound and a half. They won't live if we deliver them now. So, I text Sterling and tell him he better come.
Long story short, apparently I had been having contractions and wasn't aware. There was no infection so I went in the next morning for surgery to sew my cervix closed. The Dr came in after and said the membranes were poking through and he could see one of my sons feet. So, he had to blow up a little balloon to push that all back in and then stitch my cervix together. He said it was very successful especially considering he could see my sons foot.
They have put me on medicine to stop the contractions, given me steroids shots to help the babies lungs mature and I'm on bed rest in the hospital. My Dr said, "we're gonna take it a week at a time." when I asked how long I'm gonnna be in here. Home sweet Hospital.

By the way, we've decided to change Michael's name to Micah. I just didn't want to name him completely after Sterling's dad. I wanted to pick out a name that we both chose and Sterling finally conceded. Micah is Hebrew for Michael anyway so we really didn't stray too far.

Thanks for reading folks.... I hope your having more fun than us.

2 comments:

ASHLEE GREEN said...

Good Luck!! We'll keep praying for you here.

I love the name Micah.

BRIAN~KANDICE~ALI~ALYSSA said...

Oh my gosh. How scary. What hopital are you at? if your atIMC I can come and see you. I work there. I tell everyone I know having twins "Keep them there as long as possible" I thought I had it bad cuz I went on bed rest at 27 weeks. I'm sure now that your on strict bed rest things will go better. especially since your at the hospital. They wont let you do anything there. I was at least at home. My prayers are with you. Seriously let me know if you are at IMC. I will come and visit you all the time. (801)792-7292