Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Squish is on a roll!!

WARNING!!! There is a naked picture of the cutest baby boy in the world in this post.
Micah is doing great. We seem to have gotten his seizure under control and taken him off of his seizure medicine. They are weening down his oxygen and moving him into an open bed just like his baby sister. He weighed in at 4 lbs 8 oz yesteday. He has been more awake this week. Almost everytime I go to see him I pull up the blanket to see him and he's staring back at me. We get to hold him again. It feels so good to feel my baby in my arms. Sterling was chomping at the bit to hold his son again. When we do hold him we just stare at him and think how perfect he is. We're so grateful for all the prayers and blessing for our babies, especially Micah. Micah has some cysts in his brain that are consistent with cerebral palsey. So, it's likely he may have some development problems later in his life. We've got a great team on his side to help him learn how to deal with this. We know that Micah came to this earth knowing he would have some challenges and that he is a strong enough spirit to overcome and deal with these trials... it's just his Mommy and Daddy that are having a hard time with it. We've got some really uplifting pictures to share with you all. (Cousin Kambrie... if your reading this Micah and Mattea can't wait to meet you and have you hold them. Their working hard so they can get out and you can see them!!)

Loving my Micah time!


Squish wearing clothes! he still have a PICC line in his left arm so he only have one sleave one. He's also wearig the hat Grandma Beam knit for him.



Here is the naked picture! obviously! Sterling didn't like that I took a naked picture of him but I think it's my right as a mommy.


You can see the incision spot where they put the resevior. The little bump just above it is where the little bubble that they put a needle into to pull our fluid.



This is what we see on a regular basis when we go in to see him.




Nice and comfy! Checking out the world.




This is Micah's 3rd EEG. They were checking his seizure to see if they could get more info on what was causing them. They still dont' know. He doesn't perform when they put him on an EEG.







1 comment:

BRIAN~KANDICE~ALI~ALYSSA said...

i"m so glad he is doing so much better. I'm sad to hear he might have those problems later in life though. That will be tough. I sure hope he doen'st though. time will only tell. he is looking so much more alert. I'm sl glad he is doing better. I was worried about him.