Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Princess Kiana

Princess Kiana!!!!
It was Kiana's birthday and as is the custom we went to Kris and Rosa's for her birthday party. There was a lot of people there. They had way too much meat and everyone ate really well. We had carne, beans, rice, relief society potatoes, corn bread, cheese biscuits(my dad's new invention), salad, and other stuff I'm sure. Kris cooked all the meat on his new grill. Rosa out did herself. She made Kiana a Sleeping Beauty dress(it was beautiful), made a tres leche birthday cake, decorated it all cute, made a princess castle pinata, made most of the food, decorated, and who knows what else. It was a lot of fun. My mom had this idea for Keri and I to dress up like princess' (the invitation told everyone to dress like a princess if they had an outfit). Keri called me and we planned on wearing my wedding dress'(yes, I have two). Well, I decided to wear a bridesmaid dress from Sterling's sisters wedding. I had my hair done all cute, and Keri had bought these little tiara's on combs. I made Sterling dress up in a suit so he could be "prince charming". It didn't last long b ut we went and showed Kiana we had dressed up and then went and changed into shorts. Keri ended up not dressing up but I did her hair then we put the tiara in.

She finally smiled for us!! This was near the end of the party. We got her these baby princess'. She didn't like them half as much as the make-up kit that Keri got for her.

This is the best picture of the fabulous Sleeping Beauty dress Rosa made for Kiana. It really was great.


Kiki was pretty happy about her birthday cake. Rosa is a fantastic mom. She made this enormous bithday cake for Kiki. It was a marbel tres leche cake, which we love, and had all of Kiana's favorite princess' on it.







You can see how grumpy she is in this picture. She wouldn't let me take pictures of her either.









So, Rosa made this Sleeping Beauty dress for Kiki and she didn't even want to wear it. She was bawling every time they put it on her. Finally Rosa made her put it on. Rosa made it without a pattern or anything. She is amazing!





I asked him to let me take a picture of him and he got this dirty look on his face and said no. I took one of him anyway. He was kinda pissy this day. You can see him giving me "the eye" through the corner of his eye.













Bryson sitting on the step to the bounc-y castle. He punched kid on the left right after I took this picture. I'm not sure why. I went over and asked him if he was sad but he said no he wasn't sad, that he wanted to sit in the sun because he wanted to be hot. He's a nutter.















This was Keri's idea of dressing up as a princess for Kiana's birthday party!








Kris and my dad at Kris's new grill. The thing is HUGE. It can do like 110 hot dogs or 60 hamburgers at a time.



















Me, waiting to go to Kris and Rosa's. Sterling thought it was cute how Pedro came over to lay on my should while he played guitar hero.










1 comment:

Beam Family said...

We miss those parties with all the family and food. As you were describing it, I could just picture it. No pictures of you and your prince charming?